Greenport, NY

Watson Residence

Originally built as a boathouse in the 1890's as part of a large estate, this building was moved to it's current location in the 1970's. After a brief period of use it was later abandoned and remained derelict until the current owners bought it in 2000. To rehabilitate it and convert it to residential use entailed lifting it, creating a new basement, introducing all new plumbing, heating, electrical, interior walls, stairs, kitchen, bathrooms and re-glazing all of the original windows. The house also required new cedar shingle siding & a new roof. The end result is a quintessentially American summer residence.

*/